Introduction

Hi, my name is Teenie Weenie Beanie, the newest member of the family (in the making). I want to keep you up to date on the exciting adventures and "developments" (hehe) in my life.

Right now, it's Day 4 of injectable treatments. My future mom (MFM) has been giving herself follicle stimulating hormone (FSH) injections- Follistim and Menopur. According to the ultrasound and bloodwork, things are progressing well. I have 16-18 follicles to choose from (which will determine 1/2 of who I am), but have my eye on the 3 largest, which are already 9-11 mm around. Looks like maybe after I've made my choice, I'll have to find other Beanies to join me.

The doctor is keeping a close eye on the immature eggs (follicles), attempting the delicate balance of encouraging eggs to grow fast, but not toooo fast. The instructions MFM got today said to slow down on the Follistim (reduce from 225 IU to 175) since there are so many follicles, and at least 4
(and up to 10)more days of maturation to go. MFM says that's fine with her, because every 50 IU less of follistim, she saves $100.

Overhearing all the phone calls, IVF is an expensive and intensive experience. One pharmacy wanted to charge almost $8600.00 for the medicines. Luckily, MFM talked to other IVF survivors and found a pharmacy who's already saved them $4500.00-- Thanx Mandell's for my once in a lifetime chance at being in the Bean-Laudiero family!

I've got to go and watch the follicles grow... I'll check in with you soon.

Heart you already,
Teenie Weenie Beanie

1 comments:

  Anonymous

12/9/10, 12:05 PM

Good Job, little one